Monday 21 July 2014

ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST

I'm very sorry been so busy, then went on leave but feeling refreshed so here goes...........
 
So you lost your job, got dumped/ fell out of a relationship, got robbed etc.

You then feel sad, depressed, angry, bitter..the list goes on. I have experienced 3 of the above listed, no need to mention which but I have moved on. Of course after talking about it, eating chocolates or looking  for to blame but not taking responsibility for the part I also played in the situation.

Over the years as I have gotten older, I now use the time to reflect on things that happen to me. Some of my friends say I read too much meaning to things or words said; others say I think too much. Be it as it seems, it helps a lot. This is because when done, it goes a long way in saving you embarrassing situations , wasted time, unnecessary confrontation. I even call it my strategy in knowing what to expect or how to deal with the situation when it comes.

Well I am running my race which can't be the same with anyone and found that out the hard way and it became a learning process for me. "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" has helped me a great deal. Let me be clear talking less and listening more is a hard task for females generally but God will help me.

Another thing I am good at now is not giving response all the time, silence is so golden when you do it right.

Now the relationship part, I'm not saying the other party had no faults but you, (me), we had ours too. Not bringing or giving enough, not trusting enough, comparing with the ex, daddy (I am a daddy's girl so I compare what my dad did for my mum) sad isn't it. Others include giving space, making the person your all and honestly that's kinda creepy though. No one is perfect so give room for failures and with forgiveness, move on. Bitterness, anger etc will get you nowhere in life.

So the next time something you don't expect (or expect, if you scheme well...) happens to you, evaluate yourself, life etc. Then take it from there, one step at a time! Until next time, au revoir - I have colleagues that speak french so I'm learning.






 

  

1 comment: